Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Rowenta Clothing Steamers

After a recent email, I decided to invest in a clothing steamer. Ironing is one of my least favorite chores mostly because I have never learned to do it properly therefore the clothes remain wrinkled or even become more wrinkled when I am done. Therefore, I have decided to invest in a Rowenta steamer. I am not quite sure which one yet so any advice would be appreciated. I have narrowed it down to the Rowenta IS1430 originally 69.99 and I can get it for 41.00 by the time I am done with a 20 percent coupon, a 5.00 rebate from pricegrabber.com and a 10.00 GC from Bed Bath and Beyond, or the Rowenta IS8100 Commercial Steamer that is origianlly 149.99 that I can get for 105.00 with same rebate and GC offers. I am leaning toward the commercial one because it heats up in 90 seconds and doesn't leak water. The IS1430 supposedly takes a long time to heat up and occassionally leaks water.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the Conair floor model steamer... works awesome!!!! My husband uses it to freshen up his suits and I use it for all clothing and even our curtains! Has steam within seconds of turning it on and it has a huge water tank... never leaks...
I got mine at B.J.'s warehouse club for 40.00 but I've seen them in Wal-Mart for about 60.00 - worth every penny for sure! ;o)

Anonymous said...

I prefer the Tobi steamers like you see on television. It's highly efficient and works like a charm. The travel version is amazing too. It's traveled with me across country for business and pleasure and works great!

Also see
www.tobi-steamer.net
www.tobisteamerreviews.com

Rob