Monday, August 25, 2008

Back to School Lunch Boxes

Since it is back to school time, I thought I would include a post on here about some things I put in my kids lunch boxes. I usually pack them the night before except for thermos items. Those I cook in the morning so they are fresh and hot.

(To heat up the thermos, I boil some water and pour it into the thermos and let it sit for a couple minutes. Then I dump out the water and fill the thermos with the hot food.)

Things I put into the thermos include my kids favorites:

meatballs with sauce
spaghettio's
mac and cheese

I also make the standard pb and j sandwhiches or turkey and cheese sandwhiches. To add some variety, I cut it with cookie cutters, or an "uncrustables" cutter.

I sometimes make wraps as well:

turkey and cheese
BLT
ham and cheese

Another variation to pb and j is I make them on waffles and cut them up.

For sides I usually put in fresh fruit:

strawberries
banana
apple
grapes

I also use yogurt, carrots and dip, celery and peanut butter, cheeze its, cheese cubes, pasta salad, salad with italian dressing.

Desserts include:

graham crackers, chocolate chips, and marshmallows
peanut butter cookies
oatmeal cookies,
fruit snacks
pop tart
cheerios, m&m's and marshmallows
jello
pudding

Drinks are usually juice boxes or they buy milk at school.

No comments: